The Mama's Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Mama's Palace

A place where Mom's Connect

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Letty. I need help too

Go down 
AuthorMessage
alex_n_nikos_mommy

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2007-08-23

Letty. I need help too Empty
PostSubject: Letty. I need help too   Letty. I need help too Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 10:20 am

Letty what if the father is not on the birth cert, how does that work. I'm sort of in the same situation, the only difference is that my BD is in the Air force so trial would be a lot harder. I tried to get child support after the war started and the asshole at the child support office said that they weren't going to go after him because we are in the middle of war and they weren't going to take him out if TX! (not Iraq, TX!) to come to court. i know that if I were able to find out who his commanding officer is I would be able to get things started But I don't even know where he's stationed anymore. I haven't talked to him in about a year.
Back to top Go down
1SeXXXyM

PostSubject: Re: Letty. I need help too   Letty. I need help too Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 11:02 am

are u talkin about child support or custody? cuzif u talkin bout child support i dont really kno but custody- if he's not on the birth certificate then that means he never signed the paternal paper thing at the hospital which means he has no custody. only u got 100 percent custody
Back to top Go down
alex_n_nikos_mommy

PostSubject: Re: Letty. I need help too   Letty. I need help too Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:47 pm

either or really. The way I see I'm owed 8 years of child support. That's a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
LettyVLO

PostSubject: Re: Letty. I need help too   Letty. I need help too Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 12:39 am

You need a court oder to gain full custody of your child. There is always a chance he other party can come back and request joint custody. So to cover you "behind" you need to file for custody of your child.
It is hard to believe that the father in question does not pay any childsupport. Even if he is in the military, he would have a representaion and his wages will be garnished. You need to contact your local child support agency so they can appoint someone to help you get your child's money.

Even if there is no father listed on the birth certificate, there is documentation that you have tried to contact "the potential father" so the courts will see that there is someone in question.
You need to put your child's father name on your birth certificate. If he wants to contest it then he could have a court order DNA.
It is a process but is what needs to be done.
Back to top Go down
alex_n_nikos_mommy

PostSubject: Re: Letty. I need help too   Letty. I need help too Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 8:58 pm

I did go the local child support office. That's where I was told that they wouldn't go after him. Can you believe that crap?
Back to top Go down
LettyVLO

PostSubject: Re: Letty. I need help too   Letty. I need help too Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 1:23 am

I totally encourage you to seek legal advise through legal aid. Which is free of charge.
Did you get a second opinion at the child support office. All you need is a name and a social security and they got him. I don't believe being in the military has anything to do with not paying.

Saying that he is in the military is NOT an exceptable answer.
Back to top Go down
alex_n_nikos_mommy

PostSubject: Re: Letty. I need help too   Letty. I need help too Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 6:13 am

I don't have his SSN. But I when I went I had his address and phone number of where he was stationed, his birthdate, where he grew up, what high school he went to, I had it all. I talked to 2 different people and they both told me the same crap. I was mad cuz I took 4 different days off of work to go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letty. I need help too   Letty. I need help too Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letty. I need help too
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Mama's Palace :: The Meeting Place :: Need Help?-
Jump to: